Who loves wrapping their hand around a mug of steaming hot chocolate, spiked with peppermint and topped with marshmallows? Kinda feels like a Hallmark movie scene.
I tried to capture this in these cookies.
These festive treats are made with dark chocolate, have a fudgy center and rich peppermint chocolate flavour. Using almond flour and monk fruit sweetener, these have only 1 gram of sugar each; suitable for gluten-free, no grains, and low carb ways of eating.
Ready to bake?
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 120 gr 70% dark chocolate, chopped up
- 1/2 cup powdered Lakanto monk fruit or powdered Swerve
- 10 drops vanilla stevia Sweet Drops
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp peppermint extract (how minty do you like it?)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 60 gram 70% dark chocolate, chopped into chunks to press into tops of cookies
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows, cut in half
- Crushed candy canes or peppermints (optional)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, add chocolate, and stir on low until chocolate is melted. Cool slightly.
- Pour melted chocolate and butter mixture into mixing bowl and the remaining wet ingredients. Whisk well for 45-60 seconds, until smooth and glossy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate the dough for about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and portion your dough using 1 tablespoon measure. Roll the scoops into balls, and press down just slightly to create a surface for toppings.
- Press one or two chunks of dark chocolate and three marshmallow halves into the balls of dough. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane if using.
- Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes , until the edges are just starting to look crisp. They will look a little under baked.
- Allow them to cool on the pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully transfer them to cooling racks.
- Store in airtight container for several days, or freeze and thaw as needed for a sweet treat. Enjoy!
Makes 24-26 cookies, depending how you scoop! :).
Each cookie has 90cal, 8gr fat, 4gr carb, 1gr fibre, 1gr sugar, 1 gr protein
Now it’s time to find a hallmark chick flick and cozy up with one or two of these!
With love from my kitchen to yours,