Hello Friends! After a year long hiatus I’m finally bringing the blog back – just in time to share some of my favourite Thanksgiving recipes with you!
I’m also celebrating the 3rd anniversary of Food Effects Nutrition this month with huge gratitude to all my past and present clients and friends. Thanks for inviting me to join your health journey!
I will be posting 3 recipes this week in preparation for our Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, but have no fear, I’ll be going back to only a weekly post after that, so don’t unsubscribe yet!
Without further ado, here is the Harvest Kale Salad that will be dressing up our dining table this Sunday. Nutritious, delicious, and easy on the eyes.
Harvest Kale Salad – Serves 10
- 1 bunch curly kale, de-stemmed, washed and sliced.
- 2 small apples, quartered, cored and chopped (2 cups chopped)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, sliced thin (about 2 cups shredded)
- 1 small celeriac root, peeled and grated (2 cups grated)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup goat cheese feta, crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp Pink salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Massage kale with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together, set aside.
- To massaged kale, add apples, red cabbage, cranberries, pumpkin seeds or pecans, and feta.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss until the salad is evenly coated with dressing. Serve immediately or let flavours blend for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with thinly sliced apple, and a sprinkling of seeds or nuts, feta, and cranberries.
With love from my kitchen to yours,