I couldn’t think of a shorter title to suck you into checking out this Brussels sprouts recipe.
It had to include the words “crispy”, “bacon” and “aioli”, or I knew I was going to lose you.
Brussels sprouts. Love ’em or hate ’em?
There isn’t usually a Switzerland when it comes to these little guys, and my family is definitely divided on this one.
But these ain’t your Great Aunt Flo’s boiled and mushy sprouts, I promise you that!
Crispy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Paprika Aioli – Serves 6-8
- 4 cups Brussels Sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb bacon, chopped and crumble fried
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo (see below) or Chosen Foods mayo (Costco is best price)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
Mix mayo, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, and garlic. Add pink salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 farm fresh egg (or just the yolk if you’re concerned about salmonella risk).
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Dijon mustard or mustard powder
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- 1 cup olive oil OR avocado oil OR a combination of both. I prefer a combo.
- Pinch of black pepper
- Place all ingredients in 1-quart mason jar and allow ingredients to settle.
- Place immersion blender in jar and turn on, then angle it slightly to one side so it can draw ingredients in. When it thickens and becomes creamy, move blender up and down gently to ensure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone bake mat.
- Toss sprouts in avocado oil, salt and pepper and spread evenly in pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and add bacon bits, and continue to cook another 10 minutes. Should be crispy on the outside, but tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Serve Brussels sprouts with dip.
Still think you hate Brussels sprouts?
It’s a thing :). Use cauliflower florets instead.
But maybe it’s time to try them again. C’mon…. there’s bacon involved.
With love from my kitchen to yours,